Sunday, April 13, 2008

o spring, where art thou?






dimanche 13 avril 2008
Maybe it's because I hated playing Vivaldi's Spring when I was learning the violin two decades ago.  Honestly, it isn't my favorite season in The Four Seasons; Winter and Fall are so much more interesting.
Whatever the reason, spring isn't coming to Paris.  But the tourists are.  Over the weekend there were actually two semi-dry days with temperatures in the low 50's (ouais !) - I could take off my sweater and wear just my winter coat.  Well, no, I was wearing other things besides just the coat.
I took a stroll toward Notre Dame and brought along my camera to test it out, apparently so did thousands of other people that day.  I wasn't in a straight mood (am I ever?) and took most of the pictures at an angle.  Among them you will find evidence of the protest against China's rule on Tibet.  Notice the handcuffs in the disguise of Olympic rings.  There was a second reason I took the picture, can you guess?  I already told you why in this paragraph.

No comments: